The CSU Office of the Chancellor has negotiated a contract with SoftChalk to provide significantly discounted costs for individual SoftChalk Cloud subscriptions for CSU faculty and staff, as part of a CSU Private SoftChalk Cloud.
About SoftChalk Cloud
SoftChalk Cloud’s award-winning, multi-function platform combines learning object repository, content authoring, hosting and management features with an easy way to track student score results—and it’s designed to integrate seamlessly with learning management systems. For further information, download a SoftChalk Cloud pdf
How is SoftChalk Cloud different than SoftChalk for the desktop?
SoftChalk Cloud is available whenever you log into your SoftChalk Cloud account. It offers all the creation features of SoftChalk for the desktop with anywhere, anytime access and the ability to manage, share and track learning content in one place. You have a My Content area in the Cloud to save your content and will no longer have a need for the Library feature that’s present in the desktop version. There’s also no need to package executable lessons because you can publish lessons to your SoftChalk Cloud account and give the hyperlink to your students. With the SoftChalk Cloud, you must have an Internet connection to create content.
For further details, choose from the following:
· Explore the
· Sign up for a free 30-day trial
· Participate in one of many SoftChalk Cloud webinars
CSU SoftChalk Cloud Subscription Information
We have 50 individual subscriptions that we offer until they have all been allocated.
- Individual User Subscription:
- $195 for an individual one-year subscription (vs. $495 retail price)
- 2 GB of storage and access for up to 500 students (total not concurrent)
- Technical support
- Demonstration webinars
- Self-paced video and lesson tutorials
SoftChalk will be happy to demo their tool for evaluation purposes and will provide training at a negotiated rate.
Purchasing Discounted Individual SoftChalk Cloud Subscriptions:
Set Up and Purchase Process:
1. Your campus must designate a single “SoftChalk Cloud Procurement Coordinator” who will be responsible for:
a. Requesting individual licenses from the Chancellor’s Office SoftChalk Cloud contract coordinator at the CSU Center for Distributed Learning (CDL).
b. Being the financial contact for the CDL. This person will be notified when the CDL initiates the CPO for reimbursement of the cost of the licenses.
c. Providing the distribution and support of the SoftChalk licenses to campus members. The CO will not be providing any user support for SoftChalk.
2. Send an email to Softchalkfirstname.lastname@example.org to request the SoftChalk Cloud subscription keys. In your email you will need to provide the following purchase information:
a. Number of individual SoftChalk Cloud subscription keys requested.
b. Total amount of funds the CO will request from your campus through a CPO.
c. The department chartfield string to process the CPO.
d. Campus name, campus title, phone number, and email address of your designated SoftChalk Cloud Procurement Coordinator
3. Once the CPO is submitted, the CDL will send your designated SoftChalk Cloud Procurement Coordinator the activation key(s) for your distribution and control.
4. The purchasing process is now complete, and you are ready to get started!
Enabling SoftChalk Cloud Subscription Keys
Now that you have completed the purchase process, you are ready to activate your SoftChalk Cloud subscription(s).
If you DO NOT have a SoftChalk Cloud account, please create an account on the SoftChalk Cloud Join Now page. From the Select Account Type dropdown menu, select CLOUD (I have an Activation Key) and put in the Activation Key that was provided. Then complete the form and click “Join Now” at the bottom of the form.
If you already have a SoftChalk account, log into your account on the SoftChalk Cloud website. Then click the Subscribe link found at the top right of any Cloud page. From the Account Type dropdown menu, select Cloud (I have an Activation Key). Paste in the Activation Key in the third bullet below and then click Upgrade.
Supported Web Browsers and Information for Firewalls
· Supported web browsers are: Firefox, Internet Explorer 9, and Safari.
· If your institution has a firewall, please see the FAQ I think my institution has a firewall that is preventing me from saving content to SoftChalk Cloud. What should I do?
Help Topics and Training
You can access additional resources from the Help menu in SoftChalk Create or from our SoftChalk Support Center.
· Learning Management System (LMS) Guides
Register for our free, one-hour online training webinars available from the Help menu in Create or on our Short Courses registration page. Topics include SoftChalk Overview, Embedded Media, SoftChalk Cloud, Quizzes, the SoftChalk ScoreCenter, and much more.
View our pre-recorded videos. The videos are only a few minutes long, so they provide a quick way to get up-to-speed on SoftChalk.
If you need additional assistance, please e-mail us at email@example.com.
We hope this contract provides you with an opportunity to better serve the needs of your faculty, staff, and students as they author instructional materials for their teaching, learning, and instructional support.
If you have questions about this opportunity, please feel free to contact the CDL at 707-664-4340, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.